Shaw Trust Head Office
Shaw Trust has been a registered charity since 1982 and are the UK’s largest third sector providers of employment services for people with a disability or at a disadvantage. They help over 50,000 people per year find suitable training schemes or employment and they employ 1600 people throughout their 200-plus locations.
The client’s brief required us to create a fully functional and practical workspace with multiple breakout points to help staff relax and unwind in order to boost morale and well-being within the 3rd floor workplace.
The key focus of this project was to create a bright environment that balanced colour contrast and natural lighting levels within a fully wheelchair accessible space that has plenty of non-intrusive storage space.
Occupancy: Office Space
Size: 1,176 Square Meters (12,658 square feet)
Time Scale: 8 Weeks
We were to design and fit out an existing 3rd floor office space in Shaw Trust’s Headquarters in Bristol with the design reflecting a business ethos that mirrors their working & practical philosophy that helps disabled or disadvantaged people find work by making the work area a place of work for all and compliant with BS8300.
There was a request for the design to contain bright colours and fabric contrasts, the fit-out was to have plenty of storage space whilst still being fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Scope of work:
- Full Design & Turnkey Project Management including Building Regulation Approval & CDM
- Fully BS8300 Compliant
- Acoustic Office Partitions – designed to 52dB sound insulation
- Double & Single Glazed – Full height, frameless acoustic glass office partitions
- Flooring Services to help designate working / relaxing areas
- Decoration Works
- Bespoke Joinery
- Automated – frameless glass bi-parting & sliding door sets
- Manifestation – creation of colourful designs & branding – really improves aesthetics
- Suspended Ceiling Works
- Media / Meeting Room – “write-on” glass walls
- Kitchen – fully designed to be disabled compliant under BS8300
- Plumbing Works
- Electrics – including LED lighting, PIR Sensors, Designer pendant & emergency lighting
- Power & Data supplied via floor boxes set within a raised access (computer) floor
- TV & Projector screens, connections and feeds to multiple locations
- Storage Wall Solutions
- Re-configuration of existing air conditioning and fresh air ventilation systems to suit design
- Upgrade to existing Fire/Smoke detection systems
- New security door entry & intercom system
- Operable folding walls to split meeting rooms if required
- Office furniture design including free-standing meeting pods, hot desking & soft seating
- Mobile archive shelving solutions
- Break Out / Relaxation areas